UTBS 2021 postponed27.05.2021
As many of you already expected, we have bad news. We are sorry to have to announce that UTBS2021 has to be postponed to 2022.
Some things you should know:
1. Even with regulations partly lifted, it's not enough to have the festival happen in any way we see fit. Even taking testing and masks into consideration, we will not, under any circumstances, have you forced to sit, as this would be highly ridiculous.
2. We don't want you to take the risk of booking hotels/accomodation, planing longer car rides or even flights without a minimum of guarantees that the festival will take place.
3. We can't take the risk of going on with preparations and having the festival shut down a week or even with less time ahead. Since there was not much of a reaction, nor answer to get from neither the health department, nor the regulatory office, we don't see any room to have further hopes. Without any official permission for a festival like ours, there is no way to go. It's the German Bureaucratic Republic, after all.
4. Yes, YOUR TICKETS WILL STAY VALID for UTBS2022. Of course, you are free to return them, if you like. In that case, just send us an email to email@example.com, and we will take care of it. As well, we can offer you to transform the ticket into a voucher for everything the Folter Records Shop has in store.
5. We want you to be able to see the bands you intended to when you bought the tickets. In some cases, headliners and smaller bands would have had to cancel because of the pandemic-releated travel restrictions, cancelled tours and other stuff. We will try our very best to get a line-up for UTBS2022, as close as possible to the line-up of UTBS2021 and can say, that a large number of bands already confirmed for next year.
6. Next sunday, we will announce something we had in mind when talking about an alternative, to have something going later this year. It's the 30-year anniversary of Folter Records Germany after all. We won't let this year pass without a live event.